Our Approach to Four Day Immersion Journeys:
Expect Nothing in Particular, But Be Ready For Anything!
It a challenging task to provide a potential participant with an adequate sense of what to expect during our Hero’s Journey ® Immersion weekends. In many ways, the proper way to prepare for a four day journey into a wilderness setting is to simply suspend one’s set of exceptions, and open up to what comes, that is beyond whatever it is that is expected. This is the whole point of an unfolding mystery, and a meaningful, renewing adventure.
If we think we already know what will transpire before it actually takes place, we rob ourselves of the opportunity to be awestruck, surprised and wonder-filled, and we close the door to what can come to pass, beyond whatever it is we think we are looking for.
Therefore, we encourage all of our participants to let go of what is most familiar for just four days – to truly leave behind the well-known familiarities of home – so they can see what new experiences can be revealed, explored and lived – beyond what is expected or even imagined.
That said, here are some basic expectations to have for your weekend journey immersion in the mountain forests of West Virginia. You will:
- Have every opportunity to choose your own supports and challenges. You will receive multiple chances to move beyond where you have persistently struggled or resisted, and where you keep finding yourself limited in your capacities.
- Be stretched and empowered beyond your current capacities. This is an inevitable fact for each person who stays open to their experience; the supportive conditions in our wilderness setting, along with the facilitation team, will see to this for you.
- Be guided and supported by experienced journey facilitators. You will have helpers who have been trained for this particular type of wilderness adventure – one that supports the deepening and awakening of your own inner process.
- Have new experiences for yourself, but you will not have to do them by yourself. You will be an essential part of a small group of women and men who experience their own unique adventures together with you, though each do this in his or her own way. In this way, a rising tide can lift all the boats.
- Step beyond your comfort zone, and enter your enlivening zone. In order to be awakened and enlivened in the most life-giving of ways, this is a necessary fact. At the same time, you will be the one who is in charge of your own experience, capable of saying yes or no to any arising opportunity for a worthwhile adventure.
- Learn how to let go, open up, and expand your mind and body. You will grow your ability to transcend your current ways of thinking and living. This in another inevitable fact of taking up a an immersion journey in a wholehearted manner.
- You will be taking this journey with women and men who will also travel to our mountain forest from across the USA, South America or Europe.
We will all come together to work towards the good of the whole – so that what one person does for themselves, they do for the whole of the community. In our way of working, the rising tide of one lifts all the boats.
- We will expect of you to take all of the necessary preparation steps beforehand.
Your preparation will put you in the best position to have positive and meaningful outcomes during your immersion weekend on the mountain. Your way of preparing will inform your way of journeying.
- You will be immersed in the beauty and the grandeur of nature’s reflecting mirror!
“Do exactly what you would do if you felt most secure.”