September 2020 – December 2020
“In loving the spiritual,
you cannot despise the earthly.
The purpose of the journey is compassion.
When you have come past the pairs of opposites,
you have reached compassion.
The goal is to bring the jewel back to the world,
to join the two things together.
We are not there until we
can say “yea” to it all.”
– Joseph Campbell
The Hero’s Journey Integration Program is specifically designed to provide you with sustained support for and connection to your own personal journey. It helps you face the challenges and ordeals you have to face upon returning to life right now. It also helps you to cultivate the courage to bring back and really live the boon from your HJ Intensive until it begins to take root in your everyday life.
You will join with the other men from your Ally Group for a four-month integration process, guided via Zoom and email by your Hero’s Journey facilitator(s).
- Our men’s integration community will stay in touch with you. We will keep on reaching out to you as the days and weeks go by…
- We will keep encouraging you to bring forth what really matters most to you, and ask you – again and again – to keep on with the real work of grounding your awakened awareness into your life as it is right now.
We will offer you ongoing challenges to stay with the courageous act of making the necessary changes that must happen – to make room for the new life that is emerging in you.
Our journey integration guide documents, poems, ally group video meetings, and email chain conversations will address these essential questions going forward.
Our HJ Integration Group elements include:
- Monthly Ally Group Video Conference Councils with your Ally Group from the Summer Intensive.
- Ongoing and encouraging communications from us, via text, email, postcards, etc.
- A private webpage that provides you with Journey Guides, optional readings, reflection questions, meditations, and other meaningful resources.
During your Integration phase, you will need to:
• Bring the depth of a transformational experience to the conditions and to the people in your present-day life, and not succumb to the inevitable shrinking back from this important step.
• Bring an authentic and heroic response to the matters of importance in your daily life at home, and keeping a meaningful dialogue alive with your allies as you do.
• Learn to think more mythically about your new narrative – your unfolding personal myth born from the boon of your journey – and work to connect it with a larger and meaningful universe story, threading that through your life at home.
• Keep going your own way, and return over and over again to a meaningful and real connection to the men that you took your mountain journey with, the living spirit and energy of that unique and mysterious journey, that will sustain you during the struggles that invariably come in our lives.
Men’s Registration deadline: August 31, 2020
Payable by check to: Hero’s Journey Foundation, 5655 Bryant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. *Please indicate on your check ‘Men’s Journey Integration Group’.